You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, March 3, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] The 5th Annual Los Angeles IPA Festival returns to Mohawk Bend in Echo Park on March 3-4 tapping 60 IPAs this weekend, all made by Golden State breweries.
2. [10 a.m.] The first annual Food Book Fair, headquartered at the Ace Hotel, hits Downtown Los Angeles March 2-4 for a delicious weekend of events for foodies and food publishing.
3. [10 a.m.] The Classic Auto Show returns to the L.A. Convention Center March 2-4 for the largest three-day indoor classic car show in the United States. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
4. [11 a.m.] The Cherry Blossom Festival comes to the South Coast Botanic Garden in Palos Verdes Peninsula this Saturday featuring hula and ukulele performances, gardens for a “hanami” (a.k.a. cherry blossom viewing), a picnic on the Amphitheater Lawn and more. This event is rain or shine according to SCBG’s Facebook page.
5. [11 a.m.] ‘Lyrics to Life,’ a FREE four-day pop-up exhibition featuring art inspired by song lyrics from the likes of The Notorious B.I.G., Radiohead, Nicki Minaj and The Weeknd, comes to Downtown Los Angeles from March 2-5.
6. [noon] The Pasadena Museum of History is launching a new Sci-Fi exhibit and opening day offers day of festivities with free admission to mark the opening this Saturday. “Dreaming the Universe: The Intersection of Science, Fiction, and Southern California” will run through September 2. FREE
7. [1 p.m.] The Japanese Food Festival takes over the InterContinental in Downtown for two days (March 2-3) of food, sake, and travel exhibitions from over 50 participants.
8. [1 p.m.] Air + Style is March 3-4 at Expo Park in Downtown L.A. Hosted by Shaun White, Air + Style features prominent artists, skateboarders and snowboarders, sports competitions, special guests and live performances by Phoenix, ZEDD, Cut Copy, Phantogram, Tinashe and more.
9. [8 p.m.] L.A. Dance Festival 2018 in Century City from March 1-3
10. [various] Dine Out Long Beach Restaurant Week 2.0 will host specially priced prix fixe lunches and dinners at some of the city’s best restaurants. From February 25 through March 3.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $12.50 tix to see K. Michelle at Novo
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.