You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, March 29, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [3 p.m.] The Queen Mary presents its inaugural Queensway 5K on Thursday, where you can walk, run, or jog through Queen Mary’s Events Park and along scenic Long Beach harbor for a good cause.
2. [7 p.m.] The Simpsons trivia night at Horse Thief BBQ.
3. [7:30 p.m.] All’s Well That Ends Well is performed by The Independent Shakespeare Co. at Atwater Crossing Arts + Innovation Complex from Thursday – Sunday.
4. [7:30 p.m.] Stand Upstairs, a night of comedy at the Ace Hotel Upstairs. FREE
5. [8 p.m.] Center Theatre Group’s second annual Block Party shines a spotlight on remarkable theater works created throughout L.A. with new productions of three previously staged shows. See all three works will be performed at Culver City’s Kirk Douglas Theatre from March 29-May 20.
6. [8 p.m.] Black Rabbit Rose Magic Show.
7. [8 p.m.] The Voidz at the Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever.
8. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.) FREE
9. [various] It’s 329 Day at Golden Road Brewery. Score pints of 329 Lager for $3.29, fries for $3.29, pitchers of 329 Lager for $13.29 and get a taste of a specialty infused 329 flight.
10. [various] The VOID’s virtual reality experience Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire is now open in the Glendale Galleria. The “hyper-reality” experience puts players in a 360 virtual world allowing them to touch, smell, and sensing their surroundings.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix to the Museum of Illusions (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.