You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, March 5, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Obvious Plant’s Museum of Toys will house over 100 items created by comedian Jeff Wysaski including fake toys, actual toys with new names, and actual toys with fake facts. The show runs March 1-17 at Start Los Angeles, in Harvard Heights.
2. [2 p.m.] Amoeba Music in Hollywood will host their annual Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras party, starting at 2 p.m. with DJ Mr. Rey, followed by a parade with masks, beads, musicians and more. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] The Original Farmers Market celebrates Fat Tuesday with musical performances on the West Patio stage, dancing and several delicious NOLA bites.
4. [7 p.m.] Social Lingo Language Exchange Party in Santa Monica.
5. [7 p.m.] Horse Thief BBQ located at Grand Central Market will host a karaoke night starting at 7 p.m. Drink specials and Tex Mex bites will be offered during.
6. [7 p.m.] Mardi Gras Crawfish Boil & Live Music at The Other Door in Burbank.
7. [8 p.m.] Bryce Dessner’s Triptych (Eyes of One on Another) at Walt Disney Concert Hall.
8. [8:30 p.m.] Emo Nite returns to the Echo and Echoplex with a collaboration between Buzzfeed and Butterfinger. Live performances by Dead American, 8 Graves, and Calmgrove are on the line up and Hunter DeBlanc will be playing piano covers of emo jams in between bands. Expect lots of surprises during the night.
10. [various] Dan Savage’s HUMP! Film Festival returns on select dates from February 28 through March 9. The nationwide festival showcases five-minute sex-positive ‘dirty movies’ on the big screen of The Downtown Independent in celebration of creative sexual expression.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $39 tix to Cirque du Soleil Amaluna at the LA Waterfront in San Pedro
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar