You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, March 8, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Obvious Plant’s Museum of Toys will house over 100 items created by comedian Jeff Wysaski including fake toys, actual toys with new names, and actual toys with fake facts. The show runs March 1-17 at Start Los Angeles, in Harvard Heights.
2. [4 p.m.] An installation created by design firm and technology studio VT Pro Design gets a West Coast debut at ROW DTLA. Telestron is two large-scale robotic conductors creating geometric shades through light and shadows all around guests in a seven minute light show. Open to the public Wednesday through Sunday with the end date of March 28. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Get up close and personal with sharks at the Aquarium of the Pacific during Shark Lagoon Nights. Guests will have the opportunity to touch bamboo sharks and view large sharks in an after hours setting. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] 20 Pasadena cultural institutions participate in a night of free art, music, and entertainment during ArtNight Pasadena. Last year an estimated 16,000 guests came through, and this year expects similar attendance. Venues for 2019 include the Norton Simon Museum, Pasadena History Museum, Kidspace Children’s Museum, The Gamble House and more. There are even FREE shuttles to transport guests to their next destination. FREE
5. [6:30 p.m.] luminhero and lululemon will host a free HIIT workout and yoga session at Westfield Century City during their Beauty & Balance event. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] March is Women’s History Month, spend Friday evening at We Choose Art | A Feminist Perspective at the historic Montalban theater located in Hollywood. There will be a Feminist Portrait gallery, live performances, artist unveilings of works and cocktails.
7. [8 p.m.] The City of El Segundo Recreation & Parks Department and the South Bay Astronomical Society will host a Star Party this Friday from 8-10:30 p.m. at the Hilltop Park parking lot.
8. [10 p.m.] Upstairs Bar at The Ace Hotel will host an International Women’s Day Celebration with a female line up of musicians to benefit Alexandria House a safe place providing transitional residence and housing for women and children.
9. [various] Delusion: The Blue Blade is an immersive play that puts in the center of a time travel adventure narrative. After a successful run last fall, the new ‘director’s cut’ edition of the play will run through March 17 on select nights.
10. [various] Dan Savage’s HUMP! Film Festival returns on select dates from February 28 through March 9. The nationwide festival showcases five-minute sex-positive ‘dirty movies’ on the big screen of The Downtown Independent in celebration of creative sexual expression.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $39 tix to Cirque du Soleil Amaluna at the LA Waterfront in San Pedro
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar