You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, April 11, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] Check out Butterfly Season at Kidspace Children’s Museum now through May 4. Activities include daily butterfly exploration in the Stone Hollow Amphitheater.
2. [noon] Art duo Dosshaus has ransformed the Corey Helford Gallery into a flop-house hotel from the 60’s made entirely of recycled cardboard hand painted to look like black & white illustrations. The exhibit houses hundreds of individual pieces including a “Paper-Thin Hotel” with several life size rooms. FREE
3. [6:30 p.m.] The Autry After Hours series will debut this Wednesday highlighting the Autry’s LA RAZA exhibition, with local L.A. poets, artists, DJs, and other performers set to showcase their talents for the evening.
4. [7 p.m.] An Evening of Latin Jazz at The Edison.
5. [7 p.m.] Bad Housekeeping at Good Housekeeping in Highland Park pops up every Wednesday now through May 30. On these nights you’ll find libations inspired by bad recipes of the past including a ‘glazed ham’ and cherry cordials cocktail.
6. [7 p.m.] The Garvey Ranch Observatory will host an evening of astronomy with members of the Los Angeles Astronomical Society. Guest will have a chance to go into the dome to view the stars, enjoy a star party on the lawn, and learn how to build their own telescope. The observatory is open to the public on Wednesday nights only. FREE
7. [7:30 p.m.] Silver Lake “Need A Night Out” Comedy Festival at El Cid.
8. [8 p.m.] St. Vincent at The Orpheum.
9. [8 p.m.] Get some laughs in for hump day with The Crazy Uncle Joe Show, one of L.A.’s longest-running long-form improv shows at The Groundlings’ Theater. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Stash House, a new escape room in L.A. will allow you and your friends to get actively involved in a crime drama — with zero chance of going to prison. Happening all week.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Street Food Cinema at Expo Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.