You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, April 17, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] Check out Butterfly Season at Kidspace Children’s Museum now through May 4. Activities include daily butterfly exploration in the Stone Hollow Amphitheater.
2. [1 p.m.] 260LA will host an 3.1 Phillip Lim sample sale event April 17-22 in Beverly Hills with men’s and women’s ready to wear, footwear, accessories and more at a steep discount.
3. [6 p.m.] Get a taste of what South Pasadena has to offer during the 7th Annual Taste of South Pasadena. The evening will include a wine tasting portion, and a restaurant crawl with unlimited food.
4. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer will present a screening of Grace Jones: Bloodlight and Bami a 2017 film that mixes between musical sequences and intimate footage of the entertainer. A Q&A with director Sophie Fiennes will follow the film. FREE
5. [7:45 p.m.] Rooftop Cinema Club returns to the rooftop of The Montalban in Hollywood with a screening of The Godfather. Other screenings this week includeDirty Dancing, Coco, Lady Bird , Mean Girls and more.
7. [various] Candytopia brings its immersive, oh-so-sweet Insta-friendly experience to Santa Monica, where it will remain till July 4.
8. [various] Need a little last minute Tax Day relief? There are 9 L.A. spots offering $1 drinks on April 17, the same day that your 2017 taxes are due.
9. [various] Spa Week returns to Los Angeles April 16-22 for its biannual celebration dedicated to improving personal health by simplifying wellness. Every April and October for one week only, hundreds of spas and wellness locations across North America will offer two or three full-service treatments for just $50 each.
10. [various] See dark tales focused on murder, mayhem, and femme fatales at the 20th Noir City: Hollywood Film Noir Festival at Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood from April 13-22.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.