You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, April 18, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] Check out Butterfly Season at Kidspace Children’s Museum now through May 4. Activities include daily butterfly exploration in the Stone Hollow Amphitheater.
2. [6 p.m.] Liquid Intelligence at the JW Marriot Los Angeles
6. [6 p.m.] FLIX at FIG will screen Avengers at FIGat7th in DTLA. The free movie screenings happen every third Wednesday of the month. A live DJ and happy hour kicks off the night at 6 p.m. and the film begins at 7 p.m. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Angel City Brewery will host the 4th Annual Beers & Queers a fun evening that includes a screening of 2004 comedy SAVED! a panel discussion with writer/director Brian Dannelly and more.
4. [7 p.m.] The Garvey Ranch Observatory will host an evening of astronomy with members of the Los Angeles Astronomical Society. Guest will have a chance to go into the dome to view the stars, enjoy a star party on the lawn, and learn how to build their own telescope. The observatory is open to the public on Wednesday nights only. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] The Super Serious Show is a comedy event produced by CleftClips featuring both established and up-and-coming talent performing an array of stand-up, sketch and musical comedy. Happening at The Virgil.
7. [8:30 p.m.] Comedians Cinema Club Presents: LABYRINTH at the Black Rabbit Rose.
8. [various] Stash House, a new escape room in L.A. will allow you and your friends to get actively involved in a crime drama — with zero chance of going to prison. Happening all week.
9. [various] Spa Week returns to Los Angeles April 16-22 for its biannual celebration dedicated to improving personal health by simplifying wellness. Every April and October for one week only, hundreds of spas and wellness locations across North America will offer two or three full-service treatments for just $50 each.
10. [various] See dark tales focused on murder, mayhem, and femme fatales at the 20th Noir City: Hollywood Film Noir Festival at Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood from April 13-22.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.