You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, April 18, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles will debut their latest exhibition, KESHIKI: The Landscape Within, on Wednesday. The exhibition runs April 17 to June 9 and features over sixty contemporary Japanese ceramics from the Brodfuehrer collection curated by Hollis Goodall from LACMA. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Museum of Illusions has recently launched a brand new experience. Guests can walk through eye popping 3D exhibits inspired by cartoons, art, current events, pop culture and more. The museum is open daily.
3. [6 p.m.] Contact High: A visual history of hip-hop at the USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism.
4. [8 p.m.] The “Heathers” 30th anniversary screening party takes over the Theatre at the Ace Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles for a special movie night that includes a conversation with director Michael Lehmann, screenwriter Daniel Waters, and Lisanne Falk (aka Heather McNamara.)
5. [9 p.m.] Cosmic Karaoke at Scum and Villainy Cantina.
6. [various] There’s a new, immersive horror experience at Zombie Joe’s Underground theater in North Hollywood titled “I want to live in your mouth.” It’s a 20 minute show for one single guest that transports them inside a child’s nightmare. You’ll navigate through corridors, opening doors and meeting creatures, some you wish you had avoided. The show runs Thursday through Sunday.
7. [various] Michelin star European pizzeria L’Antica Pizzera da Michele will pop up at Eataly L.A. on Thursday giving Angelenos a chance to try the famed Neapolitan style pizza before the restaurant opens in Hollywood.
8. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (all day), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.) ans USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.)
9. [various] Stacks House an experiential pop-up designed to promote financial independence for women opens its doors this Wednesday. A visual Instagram experience, attendees will walk through money-themed rooms that aim to give the viewer financial inspiration for the future. Open Wednesday through Sunday.
10. [various] Spa Week returns to Los Angeles April 15-21 for its biannual celebration dedicated to improving personal health by simplifying wellness. Every April and October for one week only, hundreds of spas and wellness locations across North America will offer two or three full-service treatments for just $50 each.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $25 tix to Lebowski Fest on April 19th (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar