You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, April 17, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles will debut their latest exhibition, KESHIKI: The Landscape Within, on Wednesday. The exhibition runs April 17 to June 9 and features over sixty contemporary Japanese ceramics from the Brodfuehrer collection curated by Hollis Goodall from LACMA. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Museum of Illusions has recently launched a brand new experience. Guests can walk through eye popping 3D exhibits inspired by cartoons, art, current events, pop culture and more. The museum is open daily.
3. [12:15 p.m.] Midday Yoga reTREAT at the performance lawn at Grand Park. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] Amoeba Music in Hollywood welcomes Cayucas for a signing and performance of their new album, Real Life.
5. [6 p.m.] FLIX at FIG will screen Clueless at FIGat7th in DTLA. The free movie screenings happen every third Wednesday of the month. A live DJ and happy hour kicks off the night at 6 p.m. and the film begins at 7 p.m. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] Bruce Dern Double feature: Family Plot & Black Sunday in 35mm at the New Beverly Theater.
7. [9 p.m.] Page Me! 90’s Hip Hop, R&B and Neo Soul at The Offbeat in Highland Park. FREE
8. [various] Stacks House an experiential pop-up designed to promote financial independence for women opens its doors this Wednesday. A visual Instagram experience, attendees will walk through money-themed rooms that aim to give the viewer financial inspiration for the future. Open Wednesday through Sunday.
9. [various] Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden located in Claremont welcomes Wildflower Week April 13 through April 21. The nine-day celebration of California’s wildflowers will feature annual displays of California poppies, baby-blue eyes, lupines and much more. In addition, there will be an art exhibition, cocktail parties, guided tram tours and more.
10. [various] Spa Week returns to Los Angeles April 15-21 for its biannual celebration dedicated to improving personal health by simplifying wellness. Every April and October for one week only, hundreds of spas and wellness locations across North America will offer two or three full-service treatments for just $50 each.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $25 tix to Lebowski Fest on April 19th (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar
The Best Things to do in L.A., straight to your inbox! Sign Up For Our Email List And You Receive...
- Two emails a week, Monday AM and Thursday AM.
- Monday: The best of the week ahead. 30+ ideas.
- Thursday: What to do this weekend. 30+ ideas.
- Occasional emails with special offers and messages from promotional parters.
- Optional emails for daily to-dos, travel tips, food recommendations, and deals.Basically, just think of us as your friend making some fun suggestions for what you might like to check out this day or week or month in L.A. Sign-up in the form below to join over 66,000 Angelenos who already subscribe!