You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, April 21, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Head to the Queen Mary for an Eggstravagant Easter Celebration that includes a Royal Easter Sunday Brunch, three egg hunts, a petting zoo, Easter children activities and much more.
2. [11 a.m.] Gone Gone Beyond Immersive Experience at Wisdome Art Park.
3. [5 p.m.] The Wiltern’s annual 420 Fest returns for 2019 on April 21 for a cannabis-themed party and a screening of the classic movie Friday, directed by F. Gary Gary, and starring Ice Cube. In addition to the screening, the festival also features cannabis-heavy vendor booths, delicious munchies, 420-themed photo ops, and a vinyl DJ set by DJ Mr. Number. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [5 p.m.] Soft Rock Sunday the the Love Song.
5. [7 p.m.] Stop by Hotel Figueroa to experience the ethereal sounds of a Bohemian Cristal Instrument. A Q& A with sound artist Lenka Morávková will follow the evening of immersive soundscapes and hypnotic ambient pulses.
6. [8 p.m.] Whitmer Thomas and friends stop by The Satellite in Silver Lake for an evening of Whitmer’s darkwave synth comedy along with stand up and sing songs by Mitra Jouhari, Martha Kelly, Quinta Brunson, Gabe Liedman, Carmen Christopher and DJ euNiCE CHANG.
7. [various] The Egg House visits Los Angeles March 20 – April 28 for an egg-themed, 12,000-square-foot pop-up multi-sensory experience showcasing a series of installations and activations around egg themed creations. Open Wednesday through Sunday.
8. [various] Need a last minute reservation for Easter Sunday? Several Los Angeles hot spots are going all out in honor of the upcoming holiday. Check out our list of 11 Last Minute Easter Brunch Options in L.A.
9. [various] The Pasadena Showcase House of Design will take place at the Boddy House on the grounds of Descanso Gardens in La Cañada Flintridge from April 21 through May 19.
10. [various] Desert X returns for its bi-annual public art show February 9 through April 21. Spread throughout the Coachella Valley in various locations, artists are commissioned to use the desert landscape as their canvas with breathtaking results.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $10 tix to the Gluten Free Expo at Pasadena Convention Center (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar