You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, April 20, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Nike by Melrose will host a complimentary rooftop yoga session led by CorePower Yoga. A private shopping experience and refreshments will be held after the class. FREE
2. [9 a.m.] Volunteer to clean up the L.A. River! On April 13, 20 and 27, thousands of volunteers scour different parts of the L.A. River, collecting trash and helping to improve the environment.
3. [9 a.m.] San Pedro’s first annual WildFest will celebrate the wild and domesticated animals that live amongst us. There will be 30 different exhibitors, bug and animal discoveries, crafts for kids, workshops, discussions and more. FREE
4. [10 a.m.] The city of Monrovia will host a Spring Egg Hunt & Healthy Kids Day featuring wellness activities, a petting zoo, spring bunny photos, egg hunts, carnival games and more. FREE
5. [10 a.m.] One Colorado will once again host an Easter celebration that includes a Bob Baker Marionette Show, an egg hunt and Polaroid photos with the Easter Bunny. FREE
6. [11:30 a.m.] The Egg Bowl comes to the iconic Pasadena Rose Bowl Stadium on April 20 for a hoppin’ time in the grass. Highlights include a free egg hunt on the field, live entertainment, food vendors and complimentary activities and lessons from a variety of organizations. FREE
7. [noon] Golden Road Brewing takes over Rose Room in Venice for their second annual Heal The Bay pop-up. From noon to 4 p.m. the public will be treated to a sustainability-focused art gallery and $4 beers.
8. [2 p.m.] The Olvera Street Merchants Association Foundation hosts its annual Blessing of the Animals celebration on Saturday April 20 at the Pico House for a pet-friendly afternoon. Whether your pet lives on land, in water, or flies through the air, all creatures are welcome to receive a blessing for this sacred ceremony. FREE
9. [2 & 8 p.m.] Kaleidoscope Experience comes to the Globe Theatre April 19 – 20 for a two-day whimsical wonderland for adults. Event features include interactive zones, such as the High Score Arcade, Hot Box Disco, Pillow Fort, Cosmic Temple, Rooms of Whimsy, The Rabbit Hole and more.
10. [various] The NoMad Los Angeles recently launched a new food series titled ‘For A Limited Time Only‘ transforming the hotel’s coffee shop into a variety of themed pop-ups every Friday and Saturday evening. The first iteration, Mamma Guidara’s, takes inspiration from NoMad New York’s dinner series of the same name, which itself is inspired by old-school Italian-American red sauce restaurants.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $25 tix to Lebowski Fest on April 19th (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar