You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, April 19, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles will debut their latest exhibition, KESHIKI: The Landscape Within, on Wednesday. The exhibition runs April 17 to June 9 and features over sixty contemporary Japanese ceramics from the Brodfuehrer collection curated by Hollis Goodall from LACMA. FREE
2. [5 p.m.] Cosmic Brewery in Torrance will host a Vegan Earth Day Weekend Fair April 19-20 featuring food, apparel vendors and more.
3. [6 p.m.] Odd Nights At The Autry feature a collection of vendors, gourmet food trucks, children activities, guest DJ’s, a full bar and access to The Autry Gallery until 9 p.m. Happening every third Friday of the month until October 2019. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
4. [7 p.m.] Lebowski Fest returns to Los Angeles with a live concert by the dude himself, Jeff Bridges at The Wiltern. A screening of the The Big Lebowski plus special guests will also be part of the night. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
5. [7 p.m.] College students from across Southern California can head to The Hammer for Arts Party: Wasteland, an evening of performance art, music, and after-hours access to the galleries. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] Kaleidoscope Experience comes to the Globe Theatre April 19 – 20 for a two-day whimsical wonderland for adults. Event features include interactive zones, such as the High Score Arcade, Hot Box Disco, Pillow Fort, Cosmic Temple, Rooms of Whimsy, The Rabbit Hole and more.
7. [various] There’s a new, immersive horror experience at Zombie Joe’s Underground theater in North Hollywood titled “I want to live in your mouth.” It’s a 20 minute show for one single guest that transports them inside a child’s nightmare. You’ll navigate through corridors, opening doors and meeting creatures, some you wish you had avoided. The show runs Thursday through Sunday.
8. [various] The NoMad Los Angeles recently launched a new food series titled ‘For A Limited Time Only‘transforming the hotel’s coffee shop into a variety of themed pop-ups every Friday and Saturday evening. The first iteration, Mamma Guidara’s, takes inspiration from NoMad New York’s dinner series of the same name, which itself is inspired by old-school Italian-American red sauce restaurants.
9. [various] Stacks House an experiential pop-up designed to promote financial independence for women opens its doors this Wednesday. A visual Instagram experience, attendees will walk through money-themed rooms that aim to give the viewer financial inspiration for the future. Open Wednesday through Sunday.
10. [various] Spa Week returns to Los Angeles April 15-21 for its biannual celebration dedicated to improving personal health by simplifying wellness. Every April and October for one week only, hundreds of spas and wellness locations across North America will offer two or three full-service treatments for just $50 each.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $25 tix to Lebowski Fest on April 19th (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar