You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, April 29, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] The go-to flea market for vintage 20th century design is back this Sunday. Downtown Modernism will take place at the Modernica factory showroom, where attendees can browse over 80 vintage modern dealers.
2. [9 a.m.] The Pickwick Vintage Show returns to Pickwick Gardens in Burbank with an array of vintage clothing and items from the last century for sale from over 65 exhibitors from across Southern California.
3. [10 a.m.] Jackalope is an indie fair that boasts over 150 handmade makers ranging in products from home décor, food and houseware, to fashion accessories and body products will take over Pasadena Central Park on April 28-29.
4. [10 a.m.] The family-friendly Puppet Festival at the Skirball will feature various performances & storytelling through the art of puppetry, as well as a chance to make your own puppets.
5. [10 a.m.] Speak Easy Yoga is a brand-new series curated especially for Hotel Indigo Los Angeles Downtown on Sundays through the end of May. Do a down dog with music from the 1920s and if you choose to follow your yoga session with the Indigo’s Bootlegger Brunch, you’ll enjoy your first drink free with proof of yoga ticket purchase.
6. [11 a.m.] Dutch King’s Day Celebration takes over the ShoreLine Aquatic Park in Long Beach for an Amsterdam style street festival. Get a taste of Dutch dining, shop a Dutch style flea market, dance to Dutch tunes and more.
7. [noon] Our L.A. Voices: Arts Festival at Grand Park is a weekend long art celebration featuring visual art showcases including dance, music and theatre performances, alongside traditional art pieces. The three-day event takes places April 27-29. FREE
8. [noon.] The Santa Monica Wine Fest comes to Barker Hangar on April 28-29 for two days of wine-tasting with over 50 wineries. Santa Monica Wine Fest benefits the Surfrider Foundation, an organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of the world’s oceans, waves and beaches through a powerful activist network.
9. [1 p.m.] AutoCon Los Angeles, a celebration of all things automotive, returns to the Los Angeles Convention Center on Sunday.
10. [3 p.m.] Taste of the Eastside returns to Los Angeles River Center and Gardens for a day of celebrating food and drink from Eastside neighborhoods including Silver Lake, Echo Park, Eagle Rock, Highland Park, Los Feliz, Atwater Village and beyond.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $8 tix for Eat|See|Hear outdoor movies in Santa Monica (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.