You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, April 30, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4:30 p.m.] Le Petit Paris located in Downtown will celebrate International Jazz Day this Monday with a live jazz performance and happy hour specials from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. that include $1 oysters, $18 bottomless rosé and other food/drink specials.
2. [6 p.m.] Full Lunacy Drum Circle at Dockweiler State Beach.
3. [6:30 p.m.] Kick off the Los Angeles Times FOOD BOWL at Rossoblu. Their launch party is themed “Things in a Bowl” and guests will feast on delicious eats from LocoL, Rossoblu, Night + Market Song, Chengdu Taste, Honey Kettle, Shibumi and DTLA cheese.
4. [7 p.m.] CatCafe Lounge just launched PAWS Yoga a restorative yoga class where you’ll get your namaste in while hanging out with adorable cats! They plan to do this every Monday to help raise money for their non-profit cafe.
5. [7 p.m.] Hot Tub With Kurt And Kristen at The Virgil is one of the most popular weekly variety shows happening on a Monday in Los Angeles.
6. [8:30 p.m.] DJ Franc at the Ace Hotel Upstairs Bar. FREE
7. [8:30 p.m.] If You Build It LA: A Stand-Up Comedy Show at the UCB Sunset.
8. [9:30 p.m.] The Mermaid Comedy Hour returns to the Hollywood Improv with a lineup that includes Zainab Johnson, Emily Maya Mills and more.
9. [various] Pasadena’s One Colorado hosts its first-ever Happy Hour Week from April 25-May 1 offering live entertainment and specially priced drinks and bites from local restaurants.
10. [various] Immerse yourself in eight days of French film, documentaries, and TV shows when the COLCOA French Film Festival takes over the Directors Guild of America (DGA) in Hollywood from April 23-30.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $2.50 tix to the Original Long Beach Lobster Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.