You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, April 28, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Contribute to the beauty of the City of Angels by volunteering to clean up the L.A. River. This Saturday FOLAR will be working at Compton Creek at Del Amo Metro Station, Golden Shore Marine Reserve, and Willow Street Estuary.
2. [10 a.m.] Jackalope is an indie fair that boasts over 150 handmade makers ranging in products from home décor, food and houseware, to fashion accessories and body products will take over Pasadena Central Park on April 28-29.
3. [10:30 a.m.] Spend a day sipping tea in a gorgeous garden while enjoying the ocean view during Tea by the Sea at the historic Point Fermin Lighthouse in San Pedro. There will also be garden tours, craft booths, self-guided lighthouse tours, and more.
4. [11 a.m.] Smog City Brewing in Torrance celebrates its fifth anniversary with a lively party and loads of beer. Your ticket gets you a gift bag with new brew, Awkward Teenager, a haze-influenced, murky IPA brew. There will also be beer cocktails, creatively concocted with fruits, salts and cordials.
5. [noon] Our L.A. Voices: Arts Festival at Grand Park is a weekend long art celebration featuring visual art showcases including dance, music and theatre performances, alongside traditional art pieces. The three-day event takes places April 27-29. FREE
6. [noon.] The Santa Monica Wine Fest comes to Barker Hangar on April 28-29 for two days of wine-tasting with over 50 wineries. Santa Monica Wine Fest benefits the Surfrider Foundation, an organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of the world’s oceans, waves and beaches through a powerful activist network.
7. [3 p.m.] The Eclectic, a free music festival and art walk, returns for its 10th year along the streets of South Pasadena for an afternoon of entertainment on four outdoor stages, along with ten other venues, and 50+ musical performances planned with Big Bad Voodoo Daddy headlining the event. There will also be open houses at art galleries and studios. FREE
8. [5:30 p.m.] Street Food Cinema returns with its first event of 2018, a screening of Dazed and Confused. at L.A. State Historic Park
9. [8 p.m.] The Los Angeles Pancakes & Booze Art Show comes to Union in Arlington Heights featuring over 150 local artists, live body painting, live art, an eclectic lineup of live musicians and DJs, and more. Come hungry, there will be a FREE pancake bar all night long.
10. [various] Immerse yourself in eight days of French film, documentaries, and TV shows when the COLCOA French Film Festival takes over the Directors Guild of America (DGA) in Hollywood from April 23-30.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $8 tix for Eat|See|Hear outdoor movies in Santa Monica (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.