You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, April 6, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Descanso Gardens is hosting another edition of Tomatomania this Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tomato fans and gardeners will have a chance to purchase tomato seedlings and listen to tomato lectures.
2. [10 a.m.] Dwell on Design a design and architecture convention that runs April 5-7 will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center and will feature speakers, panels and consultations by acclaimed architects, interior designers and design visionaries. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [5 p.m.] First Fridays return to the Natural History Museum this Friday. The event will explore the L.A. Backstory with NHMLA History Department and live music from Chelsea Jade and Jamila Woods.
4. [7 p.m.] From Trail to Table in the 21st Century comes to The Autry this Friday and The event will feature a discussion with modern cowboys on how to raise cattle, food stations serving natural grass-fed beef creations, access to the galleries and garden of The Autry, and presentations by chefs and food history experts.
5. [7 p.m.] See the Hermosa Hitigrls battle the Redondo Riots in a Kentucky Derby themed all female roller derby this Friday!
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Griffith Observatory hosts a monthly forum where some of the most amazing phenomena in the known universe are explained and discussed. It’s called All Space Considered and it takes place on the first Friday of every month. FREE
8. [11:30 p.m.] Sleepless, The Music Center’s beloved late-night event, returns on April 6-7 for two evenings of art, dancing, and music! This year’s theme is Disco Lives. Guests will dance, roller boogie, watch film clips of the era, and much more.
10. [various] Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $9 tix to Street Food Cinema in Pasadena (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.