You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, April 7, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] 23rd Annual Uptown Whittier Spring Antique Street Faire will have dozens of vendors selling collectibles, jewelry, art, furniture, glassware, and more.
2. [10 a.m.] Dwell on Design a design and architecture convention that runs April 5-7 will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center and will feature speakers, panels and consultations by acclaimed architects, interior designers and design visionaries. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [10 a.m.] Get ready to paw-ty, because SoCal Corgi Beach Day returns with more than 1,000 Corgis expected to attend. FREE
4. [10 a.m.] The Original Renaissance Pleasure Faire is back at the Santa Fe Dam Recreation Area in Irwindale for another year of fun every Saturday and Sunday from April 7 through May 20. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [11 a.m.] Hosted at The Reef in Downtown L.A., Foodie Con April 7-8 will feature shopping, book signings, cooking product demos, food court vendors from local restaurants and chefs, plus beer, wine and spirits for sampling. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [11 a.m.] The Brewery Art Walk returns April 7-8 with over 100 artist in residence opening their studios to the public allowing people to view art, get to know local artists, support their work and more. FREE
7. [11 a.m.] Mickey’s marks 65 years of business on April 7, to celebrate they will offer the first 65 people who come into the shop that day their choice of a free Mickey’s Combo, Sauce Sandwich or slice of pizza. Each customer thereafter that will be able to purchase those three items for only $0.65 each. The special runs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
8. [noon] The 9th Annual L.A. Beer Fest returns this Saturday to the Los Angeles Center Studios in Downtown L.A. for an afternoon of showcasing 80 breweries serving up 200 beers.
9. [7 p.m.] Art duo Dosshaus will transform the Corey Helford Gallery into a flop-house hotel from the 60’s made entirely of recycled cardboard hand painted to look like black & white illustrations. The exhibit will house hundreds of individual pieces including a “Paper-Thin Hotel” with several life size rooms. FREE
10. [11:30 p.m.] Sleepless, The Music Center’s beloved late-night event, returns on April 6-7 for two evenings of art, dancing, and music! This year’s theme is Disco Lives. Guests will dance, roller boogie, watch film clips of the era, and much more.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix for Spring Awakening at The Cupcake Theater (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.