You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, April 8, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Support local artists and teachers during the Barnsdall Art & Craft Fair. The free event will feature handcrafted jewelry, ceramics, cards, prints, paintings and more by art students and teachers for sale. Proceeds from the event will support the programming at Barnsdall Art Center. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] The Original Renaissance Pleasure Faire is back at the Santa Fe Dam Recreation Area in Irwindale for another year of fun every Saturday and Sunday from April 7 through May 20. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [10:30 a.m.] The 23rd Annual Tokyo City Cup and Japan Family Day returns to Santa Anita Race Track for SoCal’s biggest Japanese cultural and food festival, along with a horse-racing event.
4. [11 a.m.] Hosted at The Reef in Downtown L.A., Foodie Con April 7-8 will feature shopping, book signings, cooking product demos, food court vendors from local restaurants and chefs, plus beer, wine and spirits for sampling. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [11 a.m.] The Brewery Art Walk returns April 7-8 with over 100 artist in residence opening their studios to the public allowing people to view art, get to know local artists, support their work and more. FREE
6. [noon] The 5th Annual Montrose Craft Beer Fest will feature a wide range of breweries that include Wolf Creek Brewery, Hilltop Homebrewers, Bottle Logic Brewing and Hangar 24. In addition to beers there will be food samples, lawn games and photo booths.
7. [noon] Roaring Twenties Street Jam returns to the historic Griffith Park Merry-Go-Round for a Gatsby themed lawn party by day and merry-go-round dance party by night. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [noon] Queens of the New Age: Festival of Extraordinary Women at CAAM (California African American Museum) celebrates extraordinary women through a day of family fun, featuring DJs, live performances, food trucks, a powerful discussion with top female artists and producers, and workshops. FREE
9. [2 p.m.] Metro Art Presents “The North Patio” spring concert series, in the historic Union Station’s tranquil North Patio every Sunday from April 8-22. The concerts kicks off with Mary Lattimore. FREE
10. [6 p.m.] Same Same, Silver Lake’s Thai wine bar, will celebrate its second anniversary this Sunday. At 6 p.m. they’ll host a party with blessings, Thai decorations, music and dancers, and a complimentary snack for all guests.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix for Spring Awakening at The Cupcake Theater (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.