You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, May 15, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The Museum of Failure in Hollywood and Highland includes epic failures like Juicero, Facebook Gifts, Pets.com, and Google Wave. There’s also an entire section dedicated to Hollywood with some of the industry’s biggest fails. Happening all week. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [4 p.m.] Greenbar Distillery hosts whisky tastings at their distillery in Downtown Los Angeles where you get to taste six kinds of whisky and learn how to identify a scotch, rye, bourbon and more.
3. [6 p.m.] Rooftop Cinema Club screens Girls Trip at LEVEL DTLA.
4. [6 p.m.] Chilean singer Mon Laferte performs live at Amoeba Hollywood. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] The Moth StorySlam at Los Globos. Tonight’s theme: HAIR.
6. [8 p.m.] Tonga Hut Takeover at General Lee’s Cocktail Bar in Chinatown.
7. [8 p.m.] The Tony and Olivier Award-nominated musical Blues in the Night brings its show stopping production to The Wallis now until May 20.
8. [various] Beyond the Streets is a fully immersive exhibition of street and graffiti art comprised of over 30 artist in a massive 40,000+ square feet exhibits. Artist are an eclectic mix of street and beyond including Retna, Shepard Fairey, Kenny Scharf Dennis Hopper and Jenny Holzer. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week.
9. [various] Visit the Pasadena Showcase House of Design, a majestic Mediterranean masterpiece built in 1915 and designed by distinguished architect Reginald Davis Johnson, from April 22-May 20. The tours have been going strong since 1948, it’s also one of the oldest, largest and most successful house and garden tours in the country.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $5 tix to the VIP Supermarket at the LA Times FOOD BOWL Night Market (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.