You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, May 22, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Online upscale consignment company Luxury Garage Sale (LSG) will pop-up IRL for a 30-day run in Los Angeles. The first location will launch Tuesday, May 15 at the Westfield Century City Mall, and a second will open Friday, June 1 at Westfield Topanga & The Village.
2. [4 p.m.] The Garry Marshall Theatre in Burbank presents the inaugural New Works Festival featuring readings of eight new plays over four days, May 22, 23, 29 and 30. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] E.P. & L.P. in West Hollywood continues their stylish cinema series Melrose Rooftop Theatre with screenings of The Fifth Element on Tuesday.
4. [7 p.m.] One City One Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival is a 40 day celebration through mostly free art events and exhibits between May 22 through June 30. This Tuesday they’ll kick things off with a free reception and a staged reading of Dear Harvey with Celebration Theatre. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] Liz Goldwyn founder of educational digital platform, The Sex Ed leads a sex positive discussion with Nina Hartley and Dita Von Teese at The Hammer this Tuesday. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] There’s a free screening of The Problem With Apu at James Bridges Theater with a q&a with writer and comedian Hari Kondabolu. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] The Walt Disney Concert Hall will host Chamber Music & Wine Tasting with The LA Philharmonic.
8. [8 p.m.] Paul Simon performs at the Hollywood Bowl.
9. [various] Beyond the Streets is a fully immersive exhibition of street and graffiti art comprised of over 30 artist in a massive 40,000+ square feet exhibits. Artist are an eclectic mix of street and beyond including Retna, Shepard Fairey, Kenny Scharf Dennis Hopper and Jenny Holzer. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Marvel at street artist WRDSMTH’s mantras as they take over the walls of Wells Fargo Center in DTLA as part of Arts Brookfield’s year round programming. On view May 21 through MAY 31. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $18.50 tix to KING TUT: Treasures of the Golden Pharaoh at California Science Center (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.