You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, May 23, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Museum of Selfies opens on April 1 and will run till May 31 with 10 interactive exhibits that welcomes visitors to take a closer look into the cultural phenomenon. The curators of the Glendale museum have also collected an array of Instagram-inspired art as well as an Iron Throne made of selfie sticks for guests to enjoy.
2. [7 p.m.] Los Angeles magazine’s Burgers, Bourbon + Beer promises a sophisticated yet delicious, evening at The Victorian, featuring guessed it, juicy burgers and aged bourbons.
3. [7 p.m.] There’s a 100 Things to Do in LA trivia night at Angel City Brewery. Join Danny Jensen, co-author of 100 Things to Do in LA Before You Die for a special book launch/trivia party with some fabulous prizes. Ticket includes entry into trivia, a signed copy of the book, and one beer.
4. [7:30 p.m.] Feminist Book Club at The Last Bookstore.
5. [7:30 p.m.] The Underground Jazz Sessions at the Continental Club.
6. [8 p.m.] The Garry Marshall Theatre in Burbank presents the inaugural New Works Festival featuring readings of eight new plays over four days, May 22, 23, 29 and 30. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] KCRW presents Wajatta (Reggie Watts & John Tejada) at the Teragram Ballroom.
8. [8 p.m.] Bad Housekeeping at Good Housekeeping in Highland Park pops up every Wednesday now through May 30. On these nights you’ll find libations inspired by bad recipes of the past including a ‘glazed ham’ and cherry cordials cocktail.
9. [various] Beyond the Streets is a fully immersive exhibition of street and graffiti art comprised of over 30 artist in a massive 40,000+ square feet exhibits. Artist are an eclectic mix of street and beyond including Retna, Shepard Fairey, Kenny Scharf Dennis Hopper and Jenny Holzer. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Marvel at street artist WRDSMTH’s mantras as they take over the walls of Wells Fargo Center in DTLA as part of Arts Brookfield’s year round programming. On view May 21 through MAY 31. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $18.50 tix to KING TUT: Treasures of the Golden Pharaoh at California Science Center (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.