You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, May 26, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The 45th Annual Topanga Days Country Fair from May 26-28 will feature various country fair games and competitions, live entertainment, food, and more for guests of all ages.
2. [10 a.m.] Fiesta Hermosa is back (May 26-28) the free annual event, will feature local vendors, 18 different food offerings, beer gardens, games and live music in Downtown Hermosa Beach.
3. [1 p.m.] This weekend the 60th annual Garden Grove Strawberry Festival is back from May 25 through 28 featuring strawberry-themed contests, parade and games. Free admission.
4. [11:45 a.m.] The Simi Valley Cajun & Blues Festival is set to take over Rancho Santa Susana Community Park this Memorial Day weekend (May 26-27) with music, Cajun-Creole food like jambalaya and crawfish plus dance lessons, kid friendley activities and so much more.
5. [noon.] Head to the San Fernando Valley’s 45th annual Greek Festival (May 26-28) for three days of Greek food, Greek wine, dancing, shopping, cooking demos and more. Taking place at Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church.
6. [1 p.m.] Beer Fest for Beer Geeks’ The Rarest Experience beer festival returns to Stout Burgers & Beers in Hollywood with an epic outdoor festival featuring 30 extremely rare beers collected and cellared by Stout.
7. [1 p.m.] MAINopoly a Monopoly themed neighborhood party with food samples and drink specials from participating restaurants will takeover Main street in Santa Monica.
8. [2 p.m.] Eat Drink Vegan returns to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena on May 26 for unlimited pours of 250+ drinks, bites from 100+ restaurants, and plant-based goodies from more than 100 marketplace vendors.
9. [6:45 p.m.] Cinespia is back for its 17th summer season, at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery for screenings of films modern, cult, and classic. This Saturday they’ll screen Almost Famous.
10. [8 p.m.] Lebowski Fest celebrates the iconic Coen Brothers movie with live performances, special guests, themed parties, a screening of the film and more. There will be a movie screening at The Wiltern on May 25 plus a bowling part at Fountain Bowl on May 26 this weekend.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $9 tix to Street Food Cinema in Chinatown (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.