You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, May 3, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] PHOTOVILLE LA happening at Annenberg Space for Photography May 2-5 is a photographic festival experience featuring exhibitions of local and international photographers workshops and more.FREE
2. [1 p.m.] Union Station is marking its 80th Anniversary with a two-day (May 3-4) community celebration. There will be live music in the the regal Waiting Room, a Living Gallery highlighting the past, a market place with local vendors, food and drink plus a special 80th anniversary menu. FREE
3. [5 p.m.] First Fridays return to the Natural History Museum this Friday for an after hours party with DJs, cocktails and food. The event will explore the forces of nature focused on floods this month.
4. [6:30 p.m.] Friday Night Block Party at L.A. LIVE presented by Absolut features 20+ pop-up shops, live art and street performers and select $5 food and drink menus at participating L.A. LIVE restaurants. FREE
5. [6:30 p.m.] First Fridays in Long Beach will celebrate moms this month with plenty of special activities like “Take Your Mom to a Tea Party”, The Uptown Village Market and more.
6. [7 p.m.] Lucha VaVOOM Cinco De Mayan Spectacular returns May 3 – 5 for a spectacular lucha libre show that consists of masked wrestlers going to town on each other, riling up the crowd as one gets whackier than the next. The show also features stripteases, comedy, mariachis, music, and tamales. Check for discounted tickets before your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8 p.m.] The Los Angeles Pancakes & Booze Art Show comes to LOT 613 May 3 – 4 for a pop-up art show of over 500 pieces by 150+ local artists plus booze, unlimited pancakes and more.
8. [various] The Pasadena Showcase House of Design will take place at the Boddy House on the grounds of Descanso Gardens in La Cañada Flintridge from April 21 through May 19.
9. [various] The Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival dedicated to showcasing films by and about Asians and Pacific Islanders, returns May 2-10 with a variety of screenings and activities.
10. [various] The Southeast European Film Festival a.k.a. SEEfest will showcase filmmakers and films from south east Europe and Eurasia from May 1-8. Check for discounted tickets before your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)G
#SPONSORED DEAL: $23 tix to the Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar