You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, May 31, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Your last chance to catch the Museum of Selfies is May 31. Explore 10 interactive exhibits that welcomes visitors to take a closer look into the cultural phenomenon. The curators of the Glendale museum have also collected an array of Instagram-inspired art as well as an Iron Throne made of selfie sticks for guests to enjoy.
2. [5 p.m.] The night market at hilltop Asian restaurant Yamashiro back for 2018 every Thursday, from 5 to 9 p.m., through September 27. Angelenos can enjoy a farmers market, freshly prepared foods and Yamashiro’s unbeatable views of Hollywood.
3. [6 p.m.] The L.A. Zoo will host a Sustainable Wine+Dinner Series highlighting sustainability — from agriculture to food and wine production to wildlife conservation. There will be close animal encounters, and a featured winery, along with a four-course farm-to-table dinner.
4. [7:30 p.m.] We Have No Idea, a presentation about everything that we DON’T know about the universe presented by Atlas Obscura.
8. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer will host a screening of Set It Off as part of their The Black Book series. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] James Taylor with Sheryl Crow at The Hollywood Bowlv
6. [8 p.m.] L.A.-based dance troupe BODYTRAFFIC comes home for a three-night performance at The Wallis starting May 31.
7. [various] Beyond the Streets is a fully immersive exhibition of street and graffiti art comprised of over 30 artist in a massive 40,000+ square feet exhibits. Artist are an eclectic mix of street and beyond including Retna, Shepard Fairey, Kenny Scharf Dennis Hopper and Jenny Holzer. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.) FREE
10. [various] Marvel at street artist WRDSMTH’s mantras as they take over the walls of Wells Fargo Center in DTLA as part of Arts Brookfield’s year round programming. On view May 21 through MAY 31. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $8 tix to Eat|See|Hear Pasadena screenings (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.