You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, May 5, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] “Nordic: A Photographic Essay of Landscapes, Food and People” is now open at Union Station’s Historic Waiting Room. Runs 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily for the month of May. FREE
2. [noon] Cinco de Mayo festivities can be found at FIGat7th this Friday. Dubbed as ¡Fiesta at FIG, the free event will feature a special, outdoor pop-up bar, live DJs, a female mariachi band and a DIY piñata workshop with Makers Mess. FREE
3. [5 p.m.] Moved LA is hosting a Cinco De Mayo creative movement workshop this Friday, May 5. The evening will includes happy hour drinks and piñata smashing. Tickets can be purchased online for $20.
4. [6 p.m.] Descanso Gardens in La Cañada Flintridge will celebrate Cinco De Mayo with their own fiesta amongst a beautiful backdrop of their famous garden grounds. Featuring a Mexican buffet dinner, cash bar, live mariachi performance and Floreo Charro dancer. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [6 p.m.] The Natural History Museum’s First Fridays returns for after hours at the museum, special music performances and themed panel discussions. This week focuses on the question: “How green is your plate?”
6. [6 p.m.] Hecho in LA presents Taco Madness ’17 a sort-of food and drink festival by the folks over at L.A. Taco and I LOVE MICHELADAS happening at La Plaza de Cultura y Artes.
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Griffith Observatory hosts a monthly forum where some of the most amazing phenomena in the known universe are explained and discussed. It’s called All Space Considered and it takes place on the first Friday of every month. FREE
8. [various.] Check out this week’s tasty news bites for fun food-related things to do for Cinco de May in Los Angeles.
9. [various] Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays.
10. [various] Old Pasadena Happy Hour Week continues through this Friday.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $5 tix for Great Big Family Play Day at The Autry (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.