As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [FREE] Delta & Vice Present: Launchpad LA. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
2. [FREE] Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays. FRIDAY
3. [FREE] The Griffith Observatory hosts a monthly forum where some of the most amazing phenomena in the known universe are explained and discussed. It’s called All Space Considered and it takes place on the first Friday of every month. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] Cinco de Mayo festivities can be found at FIGat7th this Friday. Dubbed as ¡Fiesta at FIG, the free event will feature a special, outdoor pop-up bar, live DJs, a female mariachi band and a DIY piñata workshop with Makers Mess. FRIDAY
5. [FREE] South Pasadena’s Eclectic Music Festival & Art Walk. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] Free Comic Book Day is back this Saturday. Occurring every year on the first Saturday of May, it’s an international comic book celebration during which comic book shops give away comic books absolutely FREE to anyone who visits their shops. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] The famed Second City Hollywood comedy theater and improv school hosts an open house on May 6 for a day full of free workshops and shows that will leave you keeling over with laughter. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] Angel City Brewery Heritage Music & Arts Festival returns on May 6-7 featuring a range of entertainment to celebrate the Arts District Downtown and it’s commitment to the craft beer community. Expect live bands, food trucks, performances, art, plenty of beer and a chance to help paint the community mural. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
9. [FREE] Head to the Santa Anita Infield for the annual Cinco De Mayo Car Show, presented by La Raza. Plenty of car eye candy from Classics, Kustoms, Rat-Rods, Lowriders and more will be on display. SUNDAY
10.[FREE] LululemonLA and MVMT Theory presents Boobs & Beyonce a rooftop Beyonce-themed dance class open to all levels. Event is located on the rooftop of the ROW DTLA. SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Legendary Sci-Fi Party Das Bunker Star Wars Night Returns. FRIDAY
- Bird Day LA 2017. SATURDAY
- Obscura Day: 15 Awe-Inspiring Events Around Los Angeles. SATURDAY
- Eat|See|Here premiers with screening of Mean Girls in Pasadena. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
- Masters of Taste Food Festival at the Pasadena Rose Bowl. SUNDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.