You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, May 6, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] One special Saturday every month Griffith Observatory hosts a free public star party to highlight interest in observing the cosmos. The event is a great chance to try out a variety of telescopes, check out visible objects of our solar system, and perhaps best of all the parties provide a forum to exchange ideas and talk to knowledgeable amateur astronomers. FREE
4. [noon] Angel City Brewery Heritage Music & Arts Festival returns on May 6-7 featuring a range of entertainment to celebrate the Arts District Downtown and it’s commitment to the craft beer community. Expect live bands, food trucks, performances, art, plenty of beer and a chance to help paint the community mural. FREE
6. [noon] The famed Second City Hollywood comedy theater and improv school hosts an open house on May 6 for a day full of free workshops and shows that will leave you keeling over with laughter. FREE
5. [3 p.m.] South Pasadena’s Eclectic Music Festival & Art Walk includes six stages with more than 30 planned performances, art gallery open houses, beer gardens, food trucks, an artisan alley and more! FREE
7. [noon] Ocean Avenue’s Day at the Races hits Santa Monica on Saturday for a taste of some of the best food and drinks the street has to offer. This culinary walking tour of SoCal’s premier beachfront street celebrates the Kentucky Derby and raises funds for the Surfrider Foundation to protect the world’s oceans and beaches, so dress up in your Derby best!
2. [5:30 p.m.] Eat|See|Hear is back for its 6th season starting on May 6 starting with Mean Girls at Pasadena City Hall.
3. [5:30 p.m.] Now in its sixth season, Street Food Cinema combines classic film screenings with live musical performances and tasty local area food trucks, all at awesome outdoor locations throughout Los Angeles. This weekend they will screen Singin’ in the Rain at Syd Kronenthal Park in Culver City.
8. [various] Fans of our feathered friends can celebrate Bird Day LA 2017 with 50-plus bird and nature-themed events planned all around the city.
9. [various] Free Comic Book Day is back this Saturday. Occurring every year on the first Saturday of May, it’s an international comic book celebration during which comic book shops give away comic books absolutely FREE to anyone who visits their shops. FREE
10. [various] Obscura Day organized by Atlas Obscura is designed to celebrate the world’s most curious and awe-inspiring places. Taking place this Saturday, Obscura Day in L.A. will offer 15 unconventional events as part of this international celebration.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $35 tix to see Lady Antebellum at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.