You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, May 7, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Greystone Mansion Concours d’Elegance returns for the 8th year in a row featuring some of the most elegant, glamorous and prestigious cars in the world. More than 150 classic and exotic motorcycles and cars will compete for various awards, including “Best of Show.”
2. [10 a.m.] Family Day at Smorgasburg LA happens every first Sunday of the month. The whole family can enjoy live musical performance, dance party, face painting, balloon art and kids specials from weekly food vendors.
3. [11 a.m.] The Great Rock and Roll Flea Market will take over The Regent Theater in DTLA with an impressive selection of vintage collectors, antiquities dealers, vintage clothing, jewelry makers, music memorabilia, vinyl, local food vendors, food trucks, craftsmen and used musical instruments dealers.
4. [noon] LululemonLA and MVMT Theory presents Boobs & Beyonce a rooftop Beyonce-themed dance class open to all levels. Event is located on the rooftop of the ROW DTLA. FREE
5. [noon] Angel City Brewery Heritage Music & Arts Festival returns on May 6-7 featuring a range of entertainment to celebrate the Arts District Downtown and it’s commitment to the craft beer community. Expect live bands, food trucks, performances, art, plenty of beer and a chance to help paint the community mural. FREE
6. [3 p.m.] Masters of Taste Food Festival returns to the beautiful Pasadena Rose Bowl this Sunday for a massive one-day festival including live music and entertainment, as well as sampling from the sweets masters, culinary masters, and beverage masters of our city. 100% of the festival proceeds benefit Union Station Homeless Services.
7. [7 p.m.] 2 Girls 1 Pup is a comedy show hosted by Monique Madrid, Comet the pup and a rotation of girl hosts.
8. [8 p.m.] Architect Frank Lloyd Wright’s gorgeous Hollyhock House will be used as a theater for the very first time when Fefu and Her Friends plays throughout the month of May in honor of the 150th anniversary of the esteemed architect’s birth.
9. [various] The Alchemist’s Lab Escape Room at Arqade Los Angeles. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Free admission days this Sunday for: Museum of Latin American Art and Craft and Folk Art Museum (pay what you can)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $11 tix for Festival of Colors at Woodley Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.