You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, May 8, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5:30 p.m.] La Santa Cecilia celebrates new album release with an acoustic set a Amoeba Hollywood. FREE
2. [7 p.m.] The call it They call it “literature as bloodsport” see it for yourself when Write Club Los Angeles returns to The Bootleg Theater this Monday.
3. [7:30 p.m.] Dirdie Birdie Story Hour at Three Clubs in Hollywood. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [7:30 p.m.] Magic Monday at the Santa Monica Playhouse. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [8 p.m.] Architect Frank Lloyd Wright’s gorgeous Hollyhock House will be used as a theater for the very first time when Fefu and Her Friends plays throughout the month of May in honor of the 150th anniversary of the esteemed architect’s birth.
6. [8 p.m.] The Queen Mary introduces Ships & Giggles Comedy Night featuring some of the best comedians aboard the majestic ship. Happening every second Monday of each month in the Observation Bar.
7. [8:30 p.m.] A new weekly comedy show with Charla Lauriston and Nicole Byer at the Copper Still in Koreatown is about help you get over the Monday blues. Velvet will feature a rotating roster of comics every week! FREE
8. [various] Delta Airlines and Vice present Launchpad LA, a FREE event exploring the filmmaking process from pre-production to post. Curated by Vice and taking place from May 5-10, Launchpad LA will feature intimate daily workshops, panel discussions, virtual reality demos and screenings with industry talent and pros, including Sam De Jong (Prince), Ethan Tobman (Room), Danny Gabai (Vice Films) and more. FREE
9. [various] The Rebecca Minkoff Sample Sale (May 8-15) is going to be huge! Shop the designer’s bestselling bags, womenswear, and even footwear for up to 70% at her Melrose boutique and online. Location: 8335 Melrose Ave Los Angeles, CA 90069
10. [various] Start your week by hitting up one of 22 Superb Spots for Happy Hour in Los Angeles.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $13 tix for the Midsummer Scream Halloween Festival at the Long Beach Convention Center (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.