You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, May 9, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4 p.m.] Häagen-Dazs Free Cone Day returns on Tuesday. From 4-8 p.m. score one free ice cream cone at participating Häagen-Dazs stores. FREE
2. [6:30 p.m.] The Chamber Music Nights series at Walt Disney Concert Hall is the perfect evening. Guests will have a chance to taste delicious wines, explore the iconic Frank Gehry architecture and indulge in some world-class chamber music.
3. [7 p.m.] Art Battle – Los Angeles at Boomtown Brewery.
4. [7:30 p.m.] Laemmle Theatres presents a Q&A with Oscar-winning actress Kim Basinger and a 20th anniversary screening of L.A. Confidential.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Counter-Inaugural: Douglas Goodwin on Electronic Privacy at Clockshop.
6. [8:30 p.m.] Escape Room LA: The Theatre has you trapped inside a creepy theater haunted by a ghost. The only way out is to uncover clues and puzzles to release the ghost before time runs out. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
7. [9 p.m.] Flaming Lips Afterparty at Ace Hotel Upstairs Bar. FREE
8. [various] Delta Airlines and Vice present Launchpad LA, a FREE event exploring the filmmaking process from pre-production to post. Curated by Vice and taking place from May 5-10, Launchpad LA will feature intimate daily workshops, panel discussions, virtual reality demos and screenings with industry talent and pros, including Sam De Jong (Prince), Ethan Tobman (Room), Danny Gabai (Vice Films) and more. FREE
9. [various] The Rebecca Minkoff Sample Sale (May 8-15) is going to be huge! Shop the designer’s bestselling bags, womenswear, and even footwear for up to 70% at her Melrose boutique and online. Location: 8335 Melrose Ave Los Angeles, CA 90069
10. [various] Free admission days this Tuesday for: Los Angeles County Museum of Art and Autry Museum of the American West. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $59 to see KIIS FM’s Wango Tango With Katy Perry, Maroon 5, Special Guest Miley Cyrus & More (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.