You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, June 11, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] E3 Expo, the world’s premier event for computer and video games and related products, comes to the Los Angeles Convention Center this week from June 11-13. Go here to view the hours for industry professionals and gamers.
2. [1:30 p.m.] The Skirball museum will host a free afternoon screening of The Gospel According to Andre . FREE
3. [3 p.m.] GameSpot Base Station happening June 11-13 will activate an outdoor experience perfect for all game players. There will be vintage arcade games, celebrity meet and greets, swag, competitive gameplay and other surprises. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] L.A. natives Silversun Pickups (a reference to Silversun Liquors on Sunset) will be at Amoeba Hollywood today to promote their new album Widow’s Weeds with a live performance and album signing.
5. [7 p.m.] Eagle Rock Brewery brings together Valerie Confections and Milkfarm for a night of Beer, Cheese & Chocolate. The tasting expereince includes four types of beers, cheeses and chocolates.
6. [7 p.m.] Mr. C’s Poolside Cinema is back for the sixth year in a row. From June 11 through August 27 Angelenos can indulge in a luxury outdoor movie experience by the pool with a Cipriani menu, classic movie snacks and Peroni Nastro Azzurro. A Star is Born will be screened this week.
7. [7 p.m.] 8bitLA Presents – Hack The Multiverse 4.0 at Los Globos.
8. [8 p.m.] See comedians recreate Labyrinth live onstage while drunk at Black Rabbit Rose in Hollywood
9. [various] Free admission at: Los Angeles County Museum of Art (also free for L.A. County residents with valid I.D. after 3:00pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays all month long) and Autry Museum of the American West. FREE
10. [various] Non-profit The Cat Cafe has a new popup kitchen lounge called Tiny Beans, where guests can interact with adoptable kittens for a fee. The sad fact is that many shelters do not have the capacity to care for kittens and that can result in euthanizing them. Tiny Beans aims to spread the word to help save as many kittens as possible all summer long.
#SPONSORED DEAL: $15 tix to Roaring Nights at the LA Zoo (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar