You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, June 12, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] E3 Expo, the world’s premier event for computer and video games and related products, comes to the Los Angeles Convention Center this week from June 11-13. Go here to view the hours for industry professionals and gamers.
2. [12:15 p.m.] Take an afternoon yoga class in beautiful Grand Park. The 45 minute workout is complimentary to the public. FREE
3. [3 p.m.] GameSpot Base Station happening June 11-13 will activate an outdoor experience perfect for all game players. There will be vintage arcade games, celebrity meet and greets, swag, competitive gameplay and other surprises. FREE
4. [6:30 p.m.] The Grove in partnership with LA Pride and The Original Farmer’s Market invites you to a singalong screening of Hairspray. Come early to enjoy live entertainment, complimentary popcorn and snacks, plus Dylan’s Candy Bar’s special Pride collection. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] Hollywood Heritage and The Hollywood Foreign Press Association hosts Evening at The Barn a night focused on Judy Garland’s television appearances in the 1960’s.
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer museum will screen any film under 10 minutes in front of a raucous audience during Open Projector Night with comedian emcees the Sklar Brothers. Aspiring film makers can sign up one hour ahead of screening time. FREE
7. [7:50 p.m.] Griffith Observatory offers a Sunset Walk & Talk one evening a month led by a Park Ranger and museum guide. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] There’s a Cobra Kai Concert going down at The Whisky A Go-Go featuring series composers from the hit show and some very special guests.
9. [8:30 p.m.] Plan C a free comedy show happening on the second Wednesday of every month at The York in Highland Park returns for a round of progressive laughs starting at 9 p.m. FREE
10. [various] Non-profit The Cat Cafe has a new popup kitchen lounge called Tiny Beans, where guests can interact with adoptable kittens for a fee. The sad fact is that many shelters do not have the capacity to care for kittens and that can result in euthanizing them. Tiny Beans aims to spread the word to help save as many kittens as possible all summer long.
#SPONSORED DEAL: $15 tix to Roaring Nights at the LA Zoo (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar