You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, June 13, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] E3 Expo, the world’s premier event for computer and video games and related products, comes to the Los Angeles Convention Center this week from June 11-13. Go here to view the hours for industry professionals and gamers.
2. [3 p.m.] GameSpot Base Station happening June 11-13 will activate an outdoor experience perfect for all game players. There will be vintage arcade games, celebrity meet and greets, swag, competitive gameplay and other surprises. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Downtown Art Walk brings art enthusiasts and locals together every second Thursday of each month to take part in gallery tours, parties, food trucks, and and more in the heart of the Los Angeles Historic Core.
4. [6:30 p.m.] Who What Wear brings back Street Style Cinema, their series of free outdoor movie screenings, to The Grove every Thursday evening in June. This week they’ll screen Crazy Rich Asians. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Nerd Nite is a monthly event held in 100+ cities across the globe including Busby’s East in Los Angeles! Dubbed as “Discovery Channel with beer” folks will give fun and informative presentations about a variety of topics and the audience drinks along.
6. [7 p.m.] There’s a Marvin Gaye–themed karaoke night celebrating the life and work of the late Ernie Barnes, led by soul singer Torrénce Brannon-reese happening at the California African American Museum this Thursday. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Shakespeare By The Sea will once again offer a ten-week program of admission-free performances with two featured productions: The Comedy of Errors and Henry V at a variety of venues across Los Angeles. Kicking off the series is The Comedy of Errors at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro at 8 p.m. Thursday through Saturday. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Hit cabaret show Ms. Pak-Man returns to Los Angeles June 13 – 15 for a comedy filled night staring the superstar of 1980s video game Ms. Pak-Man. She’ll regale audiences with stories of her rise to fame and what she’s been up to since.
9. [various] Over three dozen venues such as 2nd Stage, Hudson Theatres, The Broadwater and the Underground Annex Theater will host comedy, ensemble theatre, dance and immersive performances during the annual Hollywood Fringe Festival taking place June 13-30.
10. [various] Non-profit The Cat Cafe has a new popup kitchen lounge called Tiny Beans, where guests can interact with adoptable kittens for a fee. The sad fact is that many shelters do not have the capacity to care for kittens and that can result in euthanizing them. Tiny Beans aims to spread the word to help save as many kittens as possible all summer long.
#SPONSORED DEAL: $15 tix to Roaring Nights at the LA Zoo (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar