You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, June 21, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] The Institute of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles (ICA LA) presents This Brush for Hire: Norm Laich and Many Other Artists, a survey of world-renowned works fabricated by Laich over the past three decades, with an emphasis on artists based in Los Angeles. On view now until September 2, 2018. FREE
2. [noon] Beyond the Streets is a fully immersive exhibition of street and graffiti art comprised of over 30 artist in a massive 40,000+ square feet exhibits. Artist are an eclectic mix of street and beyond including Retna, Shepard Fairey, Kenny Scharf Dennis Hopper and Jenny Holzer. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. On view now until July 6, 2018. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [noon] The Cat Art Show continues at Think Tank Gallery in DTLA.
4. [5 p.m.] The El Segundo Art Walk will take place every third Thursday in June, July and August. The event is a self-guided featuring works from 40+ artists in 30+ venues in downtown El Segundo and Smoky Hollow. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] The Silver Lake Picture Show returns this week with films Sunset Triangle Plaza every other Thursday through mid-September. The event features DJ sets or live music from local bands, along with short films from Los Angeles-area filmmakers and a feature film. Kicking off the series is a screening of Dirty Dancing. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] Who What Wear brings back Street Style Cinema, their series of free outdoor movie screenings, to The Grove every Thursday evening in June. The event continues with a screening of Pitch Perfect. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Shakespeare By The Sea will once again offer a ten-week program of admission-free performances with two featured productions: The Merry Wives of Windsor and The Winter’s Tale at a variety of venues across the Los Angeles. The series continues with performances of The Winter’s Tale at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro at 8 p. Thursday through Saturday. FREE
8. [various] June 21 is Make Music Los Angeles Day. This means Angelenos will be treated to free live musical performances all around town including on sidewalks, in parks, streets. in libraries, at the iconic Whiskey a Go Go and more! FREE
9. [various] The BET Experience is back with show stopping performances all week from NAS, Ferg, Teyana Taylor, SZA and more. Check for discounted tickets on select performances before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Venues such as 2nd Stage, Hudson Theatres, The Broadwater and the Underground Annex Theater will host comedy, ensemble theatre, dance and many more performances during the annual Hollywood Fringe Festival from June 7-24.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $25 tix to Reggae Night XVII at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.