You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, June 22, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Beyond the Streets is a fully immersive exhibition of street and graffiti art comprised of over 30 artist in a massive 40,000+ square feet exhibits. Artist are an eclectic mix of street and beyond including Retna, Shepard Fairey, Kenny Scharf Dennis Hopper and Jenny Holzer. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. On view now until July 6, 2018. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [noon] The Cat Art Show continues at Think Tank Gallery in DTLA.
3. [5 p.m.] FIGat7th Downtown Festival is back for another festive summer filled with live performances by leading artists in a variety of genres. The series concludes with performances by WAVVES and Thumpasaurus. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] The Music Center’s annual Dance DTLA series is back for 2018 with a series of Friday-night events at Grand Park. Kicking off the series is Dance Downtown. Learn some new movies via free dance instructions with a different focus on dance styles every event. This week features the art of Samba. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] The Chocolate And Art Show Los Angeles returns to the Vortex in DTLA June 22-23 for a peek at some of L.A.’s best up-and-coming artists, photographers and creators, all converging in one delicious space. Highlights of the night include live body painting, vendors, live music, face-painting, and of course… free chocolate treats.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Summer Movies in the Park is a family-friendly movie night in the city of Monterey Park with free popcorn. Kicking off the series is Beauty & the Beast at George Elder Park. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Rogue Artists Ensemble’s ‘Hyper-Theater’ style show Wood Boy Dog Fish combines puppetry and tech to produce a visually stunning show. A dark re-telling of the classic Pinocchio story, this show is strictly for adults. Wood Boy Dog Fish runs Friday through Sundays now till June 24 at the Garry Marshall Theater. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8 p.m.] Shakespeare By The Sea will once again offer a ten-week program of admission-free performances with two featured productions: The Merry Wives of Windsor and The Winter’s Tale at a variety of venues across the Los Angeles. The series continues with performances of The Winter’s Tale at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro at 8 p. Thursday through Saturday. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] This Friday Caltech’s Stargazing and Lecture series returns to Pasadena for a night of outer worldly discussions and some stargazing. FREE
10. [various] The BET Experience is back with show stopping performances all week from NAS, Ferg, Teyana Taylor, SZA and more. Check for discounted tickets on select performances before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $25 tix to Reggae Night XVII at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.