You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, June 23, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The Mass Meditation Initiative is a free festival that features mindful yoga, live performances, sound domes, vegan products, art and more at Los Angeles State Historic Park. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] Torrance Cultural Arts Foundation presents The South Bay Festival of the Arts a free day of entertainment, art exhibitions, crafts and demonstrations. FREE
3. [noon] The Arroyo Seco Weekend music festival features an impressive lineup for both days including Neil Young, Kings of Leon, Jack White, Pretenders, Alanis Morissette and Third Eye Blind. Happening Saturday and Sunday.
4. [noon] Concha Con at Plaza de la Raza will feature over 60 Latinx vendors (with sweet treats!), interactive installations, live food demonstrations, a fashion show, a Lucha Libre art exhibit and kid-friendly activities.
5. [noon] Blue Roof Studios Arts Festival in South Los Angeles will spotlight the diversity of our city through 60+ artists and 20″ artisans, along with live music and other performances, local food for sale, a makers bazaar, and workshops. FREE
6. [3 p.m.] The LA Taco & Beer Festival at Raleigh Studios (June 23-24) is back at at Raleigh Studios in Hollywood with unlimited taco and beer tastings from local and national taco venders and breweries.
7. [6 p.m.] Off the 405, free concerts at the Getty will host performances by Peaking Lights Family Band and Onochie Chukwurah with a DJ set by Aquarium Drunkard. FREE
8. [7 p.m.] The Chocolate And Art Show Los Angeles returns to the Vortex in DTLA June 22-23 for a peek at some of L.A.’s best up-and-coming artists, photographers and creators, all converging in one delicious space. Highlights of the night include live body painting, vendors, live music, face-painting, and of course… free chocolate treats.
9. [7 p.m.] LACMA will host a night of Korean Art & Exploration of the museums Korean art collection, one of the largest collections of Korean works in the United States. The evening includes gallery viewing, discussions, art making, Korean tea tastings, and a mini-fashion show. FREE
10. [8 p.m.] Drunken Devil presents Sin-A-Rama an evening of madness and mayhem. Be transported to a 70’s style movie premiere at a seedy theatre where drinks flow and concession stand eats are endless. There will be tantalizing burlesque, heavy blues and dirty disco tunes.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix to the Bloom Arts Fest in Griffith Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.