You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, June 24, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Riviera Village Summer Fest in Redondo Beach happening Satruday and Sunday features 200+ exhibitors, an international food court, carnival rides and free admission. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] Annenberg PetSpace is hosting a free ‘AnnniFURsary’ Celebration This Sunday featuring meet-and-greets with adoptable pets, behind-the-scenes tours of PetSpace, complimentary food trucks, and a few other family-friendly surprises. Family pets are welcome (one visiting pet per family), provided they meet a few requirements, including being up to date on vaccinations. FREE
3. [noon] The 18th annual Summer Soulstice celebration returns to Santa Monica’s Main Street for a day of live music, local vendors and various interactive attractions. FREE
4. [noon] The Arroyo Seco Weekend music festival features an impressive lineup for both days including Neil Young, Kings of Leon, Jack White, Pretenders, Alanis Morissette and Third Eye Blind. Happening Saturday and Sunday.
5. [2 p.m.] Head to DTLA for a tour of one of the most iconic spots in our city during the Clifton’s Living History Tour. This Sunday the tour will be joined by 100 Things to Do in L.A. Before You Die authors Danny Jensen and Carrie Kim with a book signing after the tour.
6. [3 p.m.] Art Beyond the Glass will host it’s annual event at Los Globos in Silver Lake featuring bartenders mixing cocktails and showcasing their art as well as music, photography and much more, all while raising funds for non-profit Women’s Center for Creative Work.
7. [3 p.m.] The LA Taco & Beer Festival at Raleigh Studios (June 23-24) is back at at Raleigh Studios in Hollywood with unlimited taco and beer tastings from local and national taco venders and breweries.
8. [5:30 p.m.] Visit the Skirball for Late Night with Leonard Bernstein an evening inspired by the inimitable artist’s habit of creating masterworks and entertaining friends into all hours of the night. Hosted by the composer’s daughter Jamie Bernstein the night will feature live performances, enchanting renditions of Bernstein’s compositions and much more.
9. [5:30 p.m.] Concerts on the Green presents The Highwaymen a tribute to three musical luminaries: Willie Nelson, Jonny Cash and Waylon Jennings comes to the Lou Bredlow Pavilion in Warner Park on Sunday for their crowd-gathering renditions of On The Road Again, Get Rhythm, Always On My Mind, I Walk The Line and more. FREE
10. [7 p.m.] Father John Misty and Gillian Welch will take the stage of the Hollywood Bowl when KCRW’s World Festival returns for a 20th year at the popular outdoor concert venue.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix to the Bloom Arts Fest in Griffith Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.