You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, June 25, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6 p.m.] High Voltage Magazine will join forces with Scum and Villainy Cantina to launch a weekly board game night in Hollywood. Every week will have a theme with related giveaways, board games, menu items and more. This weeks theme is Jurassic Park. Admission is free.
2. [7 p.m.] Bring a little meditation to your Monday at the Eastside/Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sitting Group.
3. [7 p.m.] Jam Session: Japanese Folk Dance at the Ford Theatres. FREE
4. [7:30 p.m.] The Sunset Jam #123 “Best of American Singer/Songwriters” at The Viper Room.
5. [8 p.m.] HERE to Be HEARD (The Story of The Slits) Los Angeles Premiere at The Regent.
6. [8:30 p.m.] Elevate DJ sessions at the Ace Hotel Upstairs Bar.
7. [8:30 p.m.] Hanging Out with Paul Scheer returns to Largo for a funny round table show where each guest bring in something they think is cool and the discussion takes off from there. This month Edgar Wright, Lauren Lapkus and more.
8. [8:30 p.m.] If you Build It: Standup Comedy Show at the UCB Sunset.
9. [various] June is California Avocado Month and Grand Central Market in DTLA is the place to be for all things avocado. A select group of chefs have rolled out avocado inspired offerings on their menu just for the month.
10. [various] Grand Park will host Big L.A. Portrait Gallery from June 7 to July 4, transforming itself into a nighttime art gallery featuring photos by Los Angeles-based artists. Photography will be projected onto the 100 square-foot wall of the historic L.A. County Hall of Records right in front of Grand Park. Art will be on display nightly from sundown to midnight and is free to the public. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix to the Bloom Arts Fest in Griffith Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.