You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, June 26, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6:30 p.m.] The Original Farmers Market will dedicate a night to all things ABBA in collaboration with The Grove and Outfest. A lively ABBA tribute band will get the party started with additional activities and treat along Gilmore lane and a sunset screening of Mamma Mia! will close out the night. FREE
2. [7 p.m.] See a fake American Town Hall set in a “new” town but really it’s at The Virgil. The hilarious comedy show donates all ticket sales to the ACLU!
3. [7 p.m.] Mr. C’s Poolside Cinema provides a luxury outdoor movie experience by the pool with a Cipriani menu, classic movie snacks and mini bottles of Moët & Chandon Champagne. Tonight The Big Sick will be screened this week.
4. [7 p.m.] Victorian Literary Parlour with Mr. Walter Nelson at the Last Bookstore.
5. [7 p.m.] Tequila Cazadores presents the Tortilla Awards at El Tejano in North Hollywood where guests get to sample the city’s best tacos and tortillas from five local contestants paired with a Tequila Cazadores cocktail. Each paring will be judged by an all-star lineup of experts including Chef and television personality Aarón Sánchez, culinary writer Javier Cabral, award winning bartender Manny Hinojosa and bartender Damien Diaz.
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Flux screening series at the Hammer museum celebrates outstanding short films and music videos from around the globe through presentations and performances. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Rooftop Cinema Club screens Lady Bird at LEVEL in DTLA .
8. [8 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach returns to Alfredo’s Beach Club in Long Beach a a summer of free film screenings on the sand. The series continues Tuesday with a screening of Pirates of Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales at Granada Beach. FREE
9. [9 p.m.] There’s an off-beat comedy show called Deceased at Beetle House LA where it feels like Halloween all year round. Stand up will be focused on the darker side of life which is fitting for the setting.
10. [various] June is California Avocado Month and Grand Central Market in DTLA is the place to be for all things avocado. A select group of chefs have rolled out avocado inspired offerings on their menu just for the month.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix to the Bloom Arts Fest in Griffith Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.