You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, June 29, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6:30 p.m.] City of San Gabriel’s annual Summer Night concerts & movies returns this week with a Summer Nights Jazz Series featuring Kelly Che at Mission Playhouse Plaza. FREE
2. [7 p.m.] KCRW’s 2017 edition of Summer Nights is a free all ages outdoor music series happening throughout the summer. This Thursday they’ll take over the Santa Monica Pier with Lemaitre + Coast Modern + Hosted by KCRW DJ Validay. FREE
3. [7:30 p.m.] The Levitt Pavilion in McArthur Park continue their annual free concert series this week with The Buttertones and Pinky Pinky on Thursday. FREE
4. [8 p.m.] The Odyssey Theatre Ensemble is having previews this week for a new show titled Jacques Brel Is Alive And Well And Living In Paris. Mention “WE LIKE LA” when making your reservation use promo code: WELIKELA online, in-person or over the phone for free general admission tickets for Wednesday through Friday showings 😉 FREE
5. [8 p.m.] The Moonlight Movies on the Beach continues with a a screening of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them at Alamitos Beach on Thursday. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] Shakespeare By The Sea returns with free performances for the summer. This Thursday they’ll be performing The Taming of the Shrew at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro. While admission is free encourage donations to help support the play. FREE
7. [dusk] Summer Movie Fest at Cal State Northridge is a free weekly movie night taking place at dusk on CSUN’s Oviatt Library Lawn. The series continues with Beauty and the Beast (2017). FREE
8. [8:30 p.m.] Black Rabbit Rose, part theater for magic and variety acts and part craft cocktail bar, takes you into their retro-style cabaret shows set in an intimate and mysterious setting. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [9:30 p.m.] Escape Room LA: The Cavern. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Free museum day at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $14 tix for the California Watermelon Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.