You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, June 5, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 260LA will host a Mara Hoffman sample sale from June 4-9 in their Beverly Hills location.
2. [11 a.m.] Tacotopia presented by Cholula Hot Sauce is a taco centric playground with thirty something taco inspired art installations. Guests can also enjoy a Cholula hot sauce bar, a taco curtesy of Azule Taqueria and a bottle of Jarritos. The expereince runs everyday from May 24 through July 7.
3. [7 p.m.] Mother Jones and Food Tank present Food For Thought in Los Angeles, a conversation about access, affordability, and equity in the food system happening at Dynasty Typewriter. Check for discounted tickets before your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [7:30 p.m.] Zócalo presents “Is Propaganda Keeping Americans from Thinking for Themselves?” a discussion examining what propaganda is doing to our brains and our society. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer welcomes Director Peter Sellars, choreographer/dancer Michael Schumacher and composer/musician Ganavya for a workshop exploring the embodiments and enactments of the Sutra’s teachings about gender equality found inside the Vimalakirti Sutra texts. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Golden Road in Atwater Village will transform their private space Chloe’s into a glitter-filled prom party in honor of LA Pride Week. The free party will feature a live DJ and drag performances. Attendees are encouraged to dress in whimsical prom attire. Golden Road will also release a pub-only Pride beer called Slay All Day at its Los Angeles and Orange County locations available during Pride month.
8. [8 p.m.] Meet the Grunion with the folks at Cabrillo Marine Aquarium in San Pedro. Learn about these silverly fish during a short program then head over to the beach to (hopefully) observe their unique mating nighttime ritual which brings the small fish onto the shores for a brief moment before the waves take them back into the ocean.
9. [various] LA Pride Week returns to Los Angeles May 31 – June 9 for community-oriented events designed to support the LGBTQ+ community from West Hollywood and beyond. This year’s events include the LGBT Night at Dodger Stadium on May 31, the 3rd Annual LA Pride Night at Universal Studios Hollywood on June 1, and the 2019 Trans Brunch on June 2.
10. [various] Non-profit The Cat Cafe has a new popup kitchen lounge called Tiny Beans, where guests can interact with adoptable kittens for a fee. The sad fact is that many shelters do not have the capacity to care for kittens and that can result in euthanizing them. Tiny Beans aims to spread the word to help save as many kittens as possible all summer long.
#SPONSORED DEAL: $15 tix to Roaring Nights at the LA Zoo (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar