You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, June 6, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 260LA will host a Mara Hoffman sample sale from June 4-9 in their Beverly Hills location.
2. [11 a.m.] Tacotopia presented by Cholula Hot Sauce is a taco centric playground with thirty something taco inspired art installations. Guests can also enjoy a Cholula hot sauce bar, a taco curtesy of Azule Taqueria and a bottle of Jarritos. The expereince runs everyday from May 24 through July 7.
3. [5 p.m.] Night Market is back on the hilltop of the iconic Yamashiro restaurant every Thursday all summer long. Angelenos can enjoy boutique vendors, food vendors, a concert series, cocktails at Yamashiro’s Pagoda Bar and an unbeatable view of Hollywood. This event is also kid friendley. Please note this year the organizers are charging $10 to park at the shuttle location. Shuttles are free and so is admission.
4. [8 p.m.] Who What Wear brings back Street Style Cinema, their series of free outdoor movie screenings, to The Grove every Thursday evening in June. The kick off event will feature a screening of Ocean’s Eight. FREE
5. [8 p.m.] Hitch-Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy returns to The Wallis June 6 – 9. Back by popular demand the show features a gender bending ensemble, live puppetry, miniature sets, and live music to bring the political satire to life.
6. [9 p.m.] Every first and third Thursday of the month Brennan’s in Marina Del Rey hosts their famous turtle races. Since 1974, this tradition brings these little speedsters out of their sanctuary (located in the bar) for an exciting game that support charities. Race starts at 9 p.m.
7. [various] Free museum days: MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.), Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.). FREE
8. [various.] Hola Mexico Film Festival, the largest Mexican film festival outside of Mexico happens May 31 through June 8 in various venues around Los Angeles. This week includes a special screening and concert of Rita, The Documentary. The festival also host exclusive parties and outdoor concerts. Find the full schedule here. Check for discounted tickets before your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] LA Pride Week returns to Los Angeles May 31 – June 9 for community-oriented events designed to support the LGBTQ+ community from West Hollywood and beyond. This year’s events include the LGBT Night at Dodger Stadium on May 31, the 3rd Annual LA Pride Night at Universal Studios Hollywood on June 1, and the 2019 Trans Brunch on June 2.
10. [various] Non-profit The Cat Cafe has a new popup kitchen lounge called Tiny Beans, where guests can interact with adoptable kittens for a fee. The sad fact is that many shelters do not have the capacity to care for kittens and that can result in euthanizing them. Tiny Beans aims to spread the word to help save as many kittens as possible all summer long.
#SPONSORED DEAL: $15 tix to Roaring Nights at the LA Zoo (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar