You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, June 7, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7 p.m.] Fringe Opening Party 2017 for the Hollywood Fringe Festival.
2. [7 p.m.] The Goddess Project: Free movie Night at Au Lac DTLA. FREE
3. [7:30 p.m.] People Power is a new free film series at the Hammer Museum featuring films that examine grassroots political movements around the world. This weeks screening is A Force More Powerful: A Century of Nonviolent Conflict. The film explores popular grassroots movements that have battled regimes and military forces with nonviolent actions. FREE
4. [7:30 p.m.] Adventures in Starry Kitchen with Nguyen Tran at The Last Bookstore. FREE
5. [8 p.m.] Ever wish you were in a Sherlock Holmes story? Will now is your chance! Get immersed in a production full of mystery and intrigue thanks to Unbound Productions where the audience follows the actors throughout a creepy Santa Anita Train Depot. The show runs Wednesday through the weekend. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [8 p.m.] The Los Angeles Conservancy presents Last Remaining Seats featuring classic film screenings in Downtown Los Angeles’ vintage movie palaces. The series continues with Laura at the Million Dollar Theatre, Downtown L.A.
7. [8 p.m.] As·sem·ble: a performative reading at the Main Museum. FREE
8. [8:15 p.m.] Boss Jr. Presents: Harold Evening at The Clubhouse. This free comedy show features some of the best improvisers in the city. Bonus they also give out free baked goods and drinks! FREE
9. [9 p.m.] Did you know Maya Rudolph has a Prince coverband called Princess? They’re playing at the Teragram Ballroom on Prince’s birthday!
10. [various] It’s LA Pride Week! from June 5 to 11 celebrate the LGBTQ community through themed parties, a special Dodgers night, worthy marches and the let loose at the LA Pride Festival happening this weekend. Full schedule of events can be found here.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix for the Hollywood Beer & Music Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.