You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, June 7, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] Summer Friday Night Drive-In at the Roadium returns every Friday evening from June 7 to August 30 to revive your favorite films in a classic 1950’s drive-in setting. The series kicks off with a screening of Back to the Future.
2. [5 p.m,] First Fridays return to the Natural History Museum this Friday for an after hours party with DJs, cocktails and food.
3. [5 p.m.] Every Friday evening in June, Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden in Claremont hosts Butterflies & Brews where they feature a rotating line up of local craft beers, music and access to their California Butterfly Pavilion. A ticket cost $15 and includes your first drink.
4. [5:15 p.m.] This Friday Crumbs & Whiskers Cat Cafe will host two parties to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community in honor of PRIDE weekend in Los Angeles. Guests will enjoy 70 minutes with the cats or kittens, a complementary cafe drink, treats, PRIDE flag and stickers, and a keepsake polaroid photo.
5. [5:30 p.m.] Spend the season sipping wine during sunset hour at Barnsdall Art Park’s Friday Night Wine Party Series. Happening on the lawn of architectural gem the Hollyhock House the evening features a fine selection of wines curated by Silverlake Wine, a live DJ and tours of the house. The series happens every Friday evening till September 6.
6. [6 p.m.] FIGFest at FIGat7th in Downtown is back for another festive summer filled with live performances by leading artists in a variety of genres. The series kicks off with Cherry Glazer and Liily this Friday. FREE
7. [6:30 p.m.] First Fridays Bixby Knolls in Long Beach will throw a prom themed party with interactive installations, a yearbook signing, dancing, live music, and a dress up contest where the winners become king and queen of prom night and more.
8. [7:30 p.m.] The Griffith Observatory hosts a monthly forum where some of the most amazing phenomena in the known universe are explained and discussed. It’s called All Space Considered and it takes place on the first Friday of every month. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] Caltech Astronomy invites the public to sit in on a stargazing and lecture event this Friday at 8 p.m. FREE
10. [8 p.m.] Hitch-Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy returns to The Wallis June 6 – 9. Back by popular demand the show features a gender bending ensemble, live puppetry, miniature sets, and live music to bring the political satire to life.
#SPONSORED DEAL: $15 tix to Roaring Nights at the LA Zoo (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar