You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, June 8, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The Groundlings’ Diversity Festival celebrates and explores diversity and inclusion in comedy and entertainment with an array of free performances this Saturday that includes alumni and special guests. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] The DTLA Donut Festival returns to Union Station for a mouthwatering day showcasing various donut styles, flavors, and forms. The festival will also feature the “Hole Donut Marketplace”, with 12 different donut vendor including Voodoo Doughnut, California Donuts and RING Baked Tofu Donuts.
3. [noon] BoldPas: A Day of Art & Play in Old Pasadena returns for its third annual installment of temporary street art and engaging public activities. Staged in Old Pasadena’s historic 19th-century alleys, this year there will be 17 site-specific art installations spread throughout the 22-block historic district of Old Pasadena including a 60-foot canvas suspended high above one alley, a giant sea of balloons, and a serpentine tube made of beach balls. FREE
4. [noon] Community arts festival “Art in the Afternoon” takes over the EXPO Center for a fun filled family friendly day of creating. Guests can enjoy hands-on art making experiences, carnival games, prizes, a beer and wine garden for adults, food, live performances, silent auctions, surprise guests and more. This event benefits local non-profit A Window Between Worlds.
5. [noon] The Pasadena Playhouse Block Party invites Angelenos to celebrate arts and culture through twenty free performances plus family-friendly interactive activities, food, libations, and guided tours. FREE
6. [noon] From June through September, ROW DTLA in partnership with Local LA, hosts Market at the Terminal a pop-up featuring food trucks, over 50 vendors to shop from, a beer, wine & spirits garden, plus live music. The event is free and open to the public.
7. [noon.] Glassell Bark will bring together people and dogs for a special afternoon featuring rescue adoptions, local artists, contests, live performances, free professional family pet photos, free microchipping, free spay/neuter vouchers, a doggie fashion show, food trucks, a pet food drive, and more. FREE
8. [3 p.m.] The Playboy Jazz Festival returns to the Hollywood Bowl June 8 and 9 with the L.A. Philharmonic and an all-star line-up of musical guests. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8 p.m.] KCRW’s Summer Nights brings free, all-ages shows to some of the most iconic venues and cultural centers in Los Angeles all summer long. They continue this weekend with KCRW DJs Travis Holcombe + Novena Carmel in Chinatown. FREE
10. [8 p.m.] Drunken Devil will transport guests to early 20th century Mexico during Cantina del Diablo an evening that includes free flowing alcohol, devious immersive storytelling, tantalizing burlesque acts, a Latin American-inspired disco by DJ Sindri, and much more.
#SPONSORED DEAL: $15 tix to Roaring Nights at the LA Zoo (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar