You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, June 9, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10:30 a.m.] Sunday Yoga + Meditation at Angel City Brewery is a donation based event happening every week. The recommended donation is between $15-$20 and includes one free drink at the brewery.
3. [11 a.m.] Loyola Marymount University’s KXLU Radio will host its fifth annual Salsa Music Festival with live music, dance, food trucks and pop-up shops this Sunday. Performers include Roosevelt Cordova with Cojunto Oye, the Susie Hansen Latin Band, the Arsenio Rodriguez Project, and Brazilian samba rock group ROGÊ & Band. FREE
4. [11:15 a.m.] Annenberg PetSpace will host an Agility Workshop for your dog this Sunday. The one hour class will have an obstacle course with jumps, tunnels and pause tables.
5. [noon] East Los Angeles Art Walk – Summer Kick Off. FREE
6. [2 p.m.] Bears in Space w/ DJ Harvey, a 10-Year Anniversary of LA Pride at AKBAR.
7. [3 p.m.] The Playboy Jazz Festival returns to the Hollywood Bowl June 8 and 9 with the L.A. Philharmonic and an all-star line-up of musical guests. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [6 p.m.] Jazz Is Dead Presents Jazz Está Morto: João Donato at Lodge Room in Highland Park.
10. [various] Non-profit The Cat Cafe has a new popup kitchen lounge called Tiny Beans, where guests can interact with adoptable kittens for a fee. The sad fact is that many shelters do not have the capacity to care for kittens and that can result in euthanizing them. Tiny Beans aims to spread the word to help save as many kittens as possible all summer long.
#SPONSORED DEAL: $15 tix to Roaring Nights at the LA Zoo (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar