You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, July 1, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] SoCal Corgi Beach Day at Long Beach’s Alamitos Beach. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Enjoy a weekend filled with pirate adventures and mermaid tales during the Pirate Invasion of Long Beach. Taking place on July 1-2 at the Shoreline Aquatic Park the invasion will feature three pirate ships, hundreds of costumed pirates, sword fights, cannon battles, a Mermaid grotto storytelling and much more. FREE
3. [noon] Red, White and BBQ, a Time Out L.A. barbecue bash featuring some of Los Angeles’ best cook-out grub, a Golden Road Brewing beer garden, games, music and more will take place at Start Los Angeles. Stuff your face with pulled pork sliders, hot links and BBQ chicken from vendors including Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken, the Carving Board, Cheezus and Lucille’s BBQ.
4. [1 p.m.] Beer Fest for Beer Geeks presents The Rarest Experience an outdoor festival featuring 30 extremely rare beers collected and cellared by Stout Burgers & Beers in Hollywood.
5. [5:30 p.m.] Eat|See|Hear brings a screening of Top Gun at The Autry Museum.
6. [6 p.m.] Celebrate the rich musical tradition of Mexican folk music during the 28th Annual Mariachi USA Festival at the Hollywood Bowl.
7. [6 p.m.] Hauser & Wirth presents two opening shows this Saturday, renowned American artist Paul McCarthy’s comprehensive collection of black walnut sculptures from McCarthy’s White Snow series will make it’s L.A. debut and Takesada Matsutani’s first L.A. solo exhibition of paintings, drawings and sculpture will host an opening reception from 6 to 9 p.m. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] KCRW’s 2017 edition of Summer Nights is a free all ages outdoor music series happening throughout the summer. This Saturday they’ll take over Chinatown with KCRW DJs Jason Bentley and Aaron Byrd. FREE
9. [8:30 p.m.] Old Pasadena Summer Cinema is back for 2017 with free movie screenings from July 1-29 at a variety of indoor and outdoor locations throughout the Old Town area. The series kicks off with Jurassic Park (1993) at One Colorado, 41 Hugus Alley at 8:30 p.m. FREE
10. [all-day] The Anime Expo will take over the Los Angeles Convention Center from July 1 through 4. The expo features panels, Q&A’s, workshops, video rooms and autograph areas. Notable guest include Manga artist/illustrator duo, Akira Himekawa, the creators of ALICE IN DISSONANCE, YouTube personality AmaLee and Tokyo DJ banvox.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix to see Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (TM) with Live Symphony at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.