You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, July 17, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] HUM Nutrition will host HUM Together, a day focused on beauty, wellness and nutrition through activities at The Grove like workshops, yoga, live music, the first ever collagen bar and much more. FREE
2. [4 p.m.] Boomtown Brewery in collaboration with Chef Alan Matheus will launch a weekly all-you-can-eat Taco Tuesday, where $15 gets you unlimited tacos for two hours plus a beer, and $2 off select beers after that.
3. [7 p.m.] Come listen to great live jazz when Subaru Summer Jazz Nights returns to Hollywood and Highland for five Tuesday evenings. David Binney will perform this Tuesday.
4. [7 p.m.] Mr. C’s Poolside Cinema is back for the fifth year in a row. From June 5 through August 28 Angelenos can indulge in a luxury outdoor movie experience by the pool with a Cipriani menu, classic movie snacks and mini bottles of Moët & Chandon Champagne. Star Wars: The Last Jedi will be screened this week.
5. [8 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach returns to Alfredo’s Beach Club in Long Beach a a summer of free film screenings on the sand. The series continues Tuesday with a screening of The Incredibles at Granada Beach. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] The Last Book Review is a night of true stories and satirical book reviews from comics, authors and storytellers happening at Dynasty Typewriter at The Hayworth.
7. [8 p.m.] Movie Nights at Tropicana Bar located at The Hollywood Roosevelt hotel will throw Angelenos a movie night series every Tuesday night from 8 to 11 p.m. from June till September 3 by the David Hockney painted Tropicana Pool. Screening this week is Valley Girl.
9. [various] Get Fit an inaugural Workout Week Los Angeles Festival happening July 14-21 will bring 100+ classes at participating boutique gyms and studios for $10 per class.
10. [various] dineL.A. will have food-lovers and connoisseurs taste, explore and enjoy various prix-fixe menus from restaurants across various L.A. neighborhoods from July 13 through 27 .
DEAL OF THE DAY: $55 tix to the Westside Food and Wine Summer Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.