You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, July 18, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7 p.m.] Underground Jazz Sessions at The Continental Club.
2. [7 p.m.] Back for the 15th year in a row, The Independent Shakespeare Co. presents Shakespeare in the Park at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park with free performances Wednesday through Sunday of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Shakespeare By The Sea will once again offer a ten-week program of admission-free performances. The series continues with a performance of The Merry Wives of Windsor at Schabarum Regional Park in Rowland Heights on Wednesday. FREE
4. [8 p.m.] Perfect for dog lovers, Mutt House is a musical centered around a doomed animal shelter, a boy named Eddie and six zany mutts working together to save the shelter they all call home. Performing at the Kirk Douglas Theatre in Culver City from July 15 through August 5 with previews beginning this week on July 10. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [8:30 p.m.] Comedians Cinema Club Presents: WILLOW at Black Rabbit Rose.
6. [8:30 p.m.] Watch classic movies outdoors while savoring ice-cream when Sweet Rose Creamery in Studio City welcomes the return of its free summer movie series. The series continues with a screening of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. FREE
7. [8:30 p.m.] Outfest Under the Stars is four nights (July 18-21) of LGBTQ films at Hollywood”s Ford Theatres. The series will screen Bad Reputation, Wild Nights with Emily and more.
8. [9 p.m.] Be Kind, Rewind (90s Night) at Lucky Strike Live in Hollywood.
9. [various] Get Fit an inaugural Workout Week Los Angeles Festival happening July 14-21 will bring 100+ classes at participating boutique gyms and studios for $10 per class.
10. [various] dineL.A. will have food-lovers and connoisseurs taste, explore and enjoy various prix-fixe menus from restaurants across various L.A. neighborhoods from July 13 through 27 .
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $7.50 tix to CatCon LA (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.