You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, July 2, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The exhibit “Satoyama: Evolving with the Forest” celebrates epicurean ecology through a collaboration between Michelin-starred chef and Japanese cooking pioneer Chef Yoshihiro Narisawa and leading food photographer, Sergio Coimbra. The food photography exhibition will feature many interactive moments including educational workshops throughout the till July 29, 2018.
5. [5 p.m.] Discounted late nights at the Aquarium of the Pacific.
7. [6:30 p.m.] There’s a free summer fitness series at Manhattan Beach Pier kicking off with Mindful Yoga on the Beach this Monday at 6:30 p.m. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Bonsai and Beer at Boomtown Brewery.
6. [7 p.m.] Start your week with a free Jam Session at the Ford Theatres. This week’s focus: Hip Hop Dance. FREE
8. [7 p.m.] Bring a little meditation to your Monday at the Eastside/Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sitting Group
9. [8 p.m.] Hot Tub With Kurt And Kristen at The Virgil is one of the most popular weekly variety shows happening on a Monday in Los Angeles.
2. [8:30 p.m.] If You Build It: A Stand Up Comedy Show at the UCB Sunset.
4. [10 p.m.] The Mint Jam at The Mint on West Pico.
10. [various] Grand Park will host Big L.A. Portrait Gallery from June 7 to July 4, transforming itself into a nighttime art gallery featuring photos by Los Angeles-based artists. Photography will be projected onto the 100 square-foot wall of the historic L.A. County Hall of Records right in front of Grand Park. Art will be on display nightly from sundown to midnight and is free to the public. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $22 tix to Jennifer Hudson with live orchestra at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.